The Bottom Line of Happiness: Financial Strategies and Exit Planning for the Big-Hearted Business Owner™ By Matt Pardieck
Approximately half of all Americans are employed by small businesses. Small business owners are heroes. They are architects of the American dream.
A large subset of this successful group is driven by more than the bottom line. They strive to grow prosperous companies and make a difference in the lives of their families, employees, and communities. They donate their time, resources, and money to nonprofits and heartfelt causes. They wish to make the world a better place and leave behind a meaningful legacy. For them, pursuit of happiness and fulfillment means pursuit of purpose. It is equally important to their bottom line. I call these amazing people Big-Hearted Business Owners™ (BHBO), and I wrote The Bottom Line of Happiness for them. They need specific financial strategies, especially when they decide to exit their business.
- understanding and shaping your business around your true north;
- how to form and manage a dynamic team that helps with ideas and action;
- important tools that are available to keep you and your business on course while you take care of yourself and those important to you;
- the differences between the types of businesses so you understand your most appropriate financial and exit strategies;
- financial and tax strategies to help you and your causes as you build and grow a business;
- understanding the many types of exits and choosing one that fits your financial and non-financial goals;
- and continuing to live a fulfilling life with a big heart before and after your exit.
The Bottom Line of Happiness offers invaluable insight into and tools to support what business is all about: enriching our lives and that of our communities. I have advised and coached dozens of CEO’s and other business leaders of successful and not so successful companies for over 35 years as an executive lawyer, CEO, board member, chairman, and investor. The businesses that failed did so for any number of reasons, including lack of financing, leadership, market disruption and distribution, often beyond the control of the business leader. But nearly every successful business leader held an unwavering passion about how their business could enrich lives not only of customers, but also employees and its community – the insight Matt Pardieck so richly offers in this book!
Investor and Former Chairman and CEO Career Education Corporation
Matt’s book, Bottom Line of Happiness, contains engaging and practical ideas to help the entrepreneur do good for themselves while changing the world. Passion and values, or what Matt calls ‘true north’ are a critically important part of a business owner’s success. Empowering the Big-Hearted Business Owner™ with this financial toolkit is a valuable addition to the current thought leadership supporting entrepreneurs!
Attorney, Entrepreneur, #1 International Best-Selling and Award-Winning Author and Publisher, Speaker, Strategist, Consultant, Coach, Educator, Mentor, and Philanthropist.
Click here to read a sample of
The Bottom Line of Happiness